Sunday, August 19, 2012

Rakitna

Rakitna lake
It takes about two hours to hike up to Rakitna from my home. Too long for a weekday afternoon and too short for a weekend when I want to do more serious hiking. So I rarely go there. This time Marko and I decided to go by bicycle. It took us about two hours, so I figured I might as well have hiked up there, it would have been easier than to drag the bicycle all the way up. When I hike I take a direct route straight up along a marked trail through the woods while with the bicycles we had to take a longer way around on a gravel road. But going down made up for all the effort. We breezed down along the asphalt road in twenty minutes! Too bad it takes so long to go up, I would have loved to do that again!

Rakitna is most known for a hospital that treats lung diseases because the air is supposed to be fresh there and good for the patients. There is also a lake, convenient for swimming in the summer and ice skating in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment